. Tiraboschi,
am following with great interest the lively debate between you, Professor Ichino and economists de La Voce . I do not deny being ideally related to their partners than to you, although I find meaningful and shared many of his objections (though the feeling that the proposal Ichino, unlike the Boers-Garibaldi, already considers them and somehow give you response).
I'm not an expert in labor law, and not by the merits of further technical and legal issues. But I am a worker at the project, one of the many graduates of my generation who are employed by this form of contract. I feel so "part concerned "the ongoing debate and it is with reference to my specific situation (which is that of many other adults become more or less in the approval of the Treu reform) that I am writing this.
premise of being a co.co.pro. abnormal, as are almost all the rest co.co.pro I know: they are more or less running eighth project contract, the fourth year of work at the prestigious private facility with which I carry out my tasks with time 9:30 -18.30, 5 days a week, in a subordinate "to my boss and in charge of several projects simultaneously, typically different from those in the formal letter of appointment.
I firmly believe that when all goes well, the project contract can also be a good opportunity: in particular, has reduced barriers to entry, so I could start working with no selections very demanding on the field and proving my worth and my skills.
However, in these four years I lived as a series of worker B. Not so much what I was doing (work exactly analogous to that of employees), and for a number of other factors, and not just economic:
1. if the net monthly income is comparable to what employee would be, I have no right or ability to negotiate good meal, bonus, severance report, reward, etc.;
2. in a difficult situation as the present one, we all "project" are the most vulnerable workers. The management failed to ensure no redundancies (layoffs is not covered), but in return has drastically reduced the number of employees on the project (or rather, people working with those who, until the beginning of the crisis, as the "Agreement to indefinite renewal "), simply by ceasing to renew these contracts. The contraction suffered by the property in two years is impressive. Yet, precisely because of contractual differences, has not yet followed a logical and rational merit, it has become into an opportunity to improve the overall operation is easier and less unseemly not to renew a contract, rather than to fire someone, 3. The difference is that workers are not renewed contracts with finite zero unemployment in euro, while employees (in addition to severance pay) would have had access to social safety nets far more beneficial;
4. time ago I sent my resume to a company "competitor".
I was immediately attracted by the human resources recruiter and we talked for a long time, until she asked "So you are an employee ...." Inadvertently, rashly, I replied: "Well, actually work with a project contract .. "The phone call was interrupted after a few seconds and I have not heard from him;
5. with my wife (more precarious than me, she graduated with honors with 110, she in an area of \u200b\u200bexcellence such as biotechnology) pay € 1,000 per month in rent, because with the project contract all I can do except to think 'idea of \u200b\u200ba mortgage. The Italian postal service we are refused to give me a credit card that served me well because I had a contract for the project. Challenging for a purchase I recently asked the seller to be able to borrow for consumption, but as my contract expires by another six months is not been possible and I had to pay "all at once."
what to say? The strong feeling is that any labor law and the welfare of this country are rated on a model that does not exist on a system based on manufacturing of medium and large sizes.
This is not Italy. Italy is a country of micro-enterprises with fewer than 10 employees, is the country's match-increasing taxes and is the country of project contracts (ah, I forgot during the Prodi government tried to convert from parasubordinated matches VAT, but we are firmly opposed: there is a limit to everything!).
I do not know what the solution is. The idea to sue my employer Work will not even consider, of course: I will not ruin my life. Hope in his benevolence, in an intake octroyée , it is equally beyond dispute. Project to be really working for most clients, it is not feasible. To get out I can only hope for a legislative initiative. A proposal that starts from a trivial consideration trivial for most Italians, Article 18 does not exist, as there is no redundancy, as there are no trade unions. There is only flexibility, a flexibility without prospects and without protection, which encourages us to give up but only because if we put a foot wrong in danger of fall into the abyss .. and at the risk that someone will push it down in spite of everything is always present.
I see in a model of the contract only possible solution. But maybe I'm naive and ill-informed, maybe there are alternatives (do not know, I do not think: why, for the same job, I need to be treated differently?). The shared objective, however, can only be to achieve a system of flexicurity . Please, I ask you, in Ichino and all other heirs of Biagi, D'Antona and many labor lawyers who have paid with their lives and continue to risk a minimum to improve labor law in this country, sit around a table, buried the hatchet and ideological biases and find a compromise, an answer to the real problems of this absurd Republic, which should be founded on work.
Author: MMV
Source: Unità.it
0 comments:
Post a Comment